Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Putting It All Together!

Now that all the pieces were complete, I could go about building the support structure for the sensors.  I'll admit that it is rather simple and crude at this point, but it works!

I basically just made a "T" with two old chunks of 2x4, and added some u-bolts to the vertical board so that I can attach it to a fencepost, railing, or elsewhere.  To add rigidity and allow for easier removal, I added a piece of 1x4 to the bottom of the windvane and anemometer and a piece of steel to the top of the radiation shield.  In order to protect the sensitive electronics, I did my best to seal all holes and leaks with silicone adhesive.  
\
The (almost) finished project. Yes, I know that the wires and duct tape are messy...

No comments:

Post a Comment